Santa Cruz, California
Buoy Labs is seeking a product manager to develop and execute a roadmap of the most innovative, beautiful, and meaningful products for smart homes to manage household water. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and a natural problem solver who has both strong business acumen and deep technical expertise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying customer needs and incorporating them into the product roadmap,
- Bringing products from concept to launch, championing user experience along the way,
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes,
- Maximizing profitability,
- Working with the engineering department to understand the technology stack and define product release requirements,
- Working with the marketing department to define the go-to-market strategy,
- Driving product launches, including pricing strategy, product collateral, demos, and working with sales and marketing to define and execute the promotions strategy,
- Analyzing potential technology alliances, including certifications,
- Assessing market competition and developing responses to maximize market share,
- Keeping the company updated on short-term and long-term sales forecasts
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience managing a successful consumer electronics, IoT, or networking product throughout its life cycle required
- Strong academic background, with a bachelor’s in engineering or computer science preferred
- Technical experience with wireless networks and networking protocols (Wi-Fi, Thread, Bluetooth LE, Zigbee, Z-Wave, or similar)
- Ability to translate complex problems across complex systems into a simple, well-designed user experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Quantitative modeling is a must
Compensation includes salary, benefits, and equity. Mid-level to senior-level scope available, depending on background.
About Buoy Labs
At Buoy Labs we are changing the way people manage their household water use. Did you know that every house leaks about 10% of its overall water? That’s enough to fill an in-ground swimming pool, every year. Our first product, Buoy™, is the first smart home product that gives homeowners a complete real-time picture of their water use, notifications when they have leaks, and the ability to remotely shut off their water. We’re making it simple to comply with changing water regulations, save money on your water bill, and avoid household water damage from leaks.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com and tell us about yourself! Please include your resume. Principals only, please.