Customer Support Manager
Santa Cruz, California
Buoy Labs is in full production and seeking someone with a passion for technology, who excels at communication, and is interested in taking the lead on our Customer Support department. The Customer Support Manager will be a key member of our team, focused on helping and engaging with our current and potential customers.
We’re looking for a patient and empathetic person with excellent written and oral communication skills, who will be confident in troubleshooting and curious to solve problems. You must be genuinely excited to help customers and willing to take initiative in problem-solving.
- Onboard, respond and troubleshoot all issues from customers via email, phone, and live chat
- Ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction
- Serve as voice of the customer to prioritize feature requests and platform improvements during product discussions
- Build a knowledge base for product users
- Update “Help” section of site and FAQs
- Develop and refine customer support processes
- Be the go-to expert on our products and solutions
- Reproduce customer issues in the lab. Use and test Buoy to remain its most knowledgeable user
- Develop metrics that can be used to show how we’re doing on customer support, and drive a cycle of measuring, analyzing, and improving our tactics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in Customer Success or Account management within a company
- Proven history of technical problem solving and analytical thinking
- Must be comfortable with standard communications and storage tools like G Suite, Zendesk, Slack, and Jira
- Must be a mature team player who is able to keep a positive attitude and communicate professionally, even under stress
Compensation includes salary, benefits, and equity.
About Buoy Labs
At Buoy Labs we are changing the way people manage their household water use. Did you know that every house leaks about 10% of its overall water use? That’s enough to fill an in-ground swimming pool, every year. Our first product, Buoy™, is the first smart home product that gives homeowners a complete real-time picture of their water use, notifications when they have leaks, and the ability to remotely shut off their water. We’re making it simple to comply with changing water regulations, save money on your water bill, and avoid household water damage from leaks.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself! Please include your resume. Principals only, please.